Thursday 3 May 2012

A Closer Look At "The Mistress Of Nothing"

"And so, an adventure - a brilliant escapade in fact. I loved it on that ship, I loved the port cities and the sights, ever more exotic as we travelled south. I loved it best when we were far out to sea: no sign of land, no trees, no buildings, no people; just water, the ship, my mistress, and me."
-Kate Pullinger, The Mistress of Nothing

Dear members,

I hope everyone is enjoying this month's read at the moment!

This post is dedicated to additional outlets for all things Kate Pullinger and The Mistress of Nothing. I came across this interesting video of the author giving us a "behind the scenes" look at the novel.




I also found this neat clip of the author reading an excerpt of the book (at page 51 to be exact) which you can follow along or give a listen while looking at the lovely images.




Earlier on via Twitter, the author has realized that we were reading a book and responded with this lovely message:

@katepullinger:  Hope you have an enjoyable discussion of The Mistress of Nothing - you can always tweet me questions!

Fellow members, feel free to either send me along your questions over the next couple of weeks by commenting below or in future posts to come. You can also send an email and I will happily post it up on our Twitter page and keep you updated on her replies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts?